Prolearn's 4th Thematic Workshop on Social Software (in cooperation with iCamp and the Austrian Ministry of Education, Science and Culture)
Vienna, Austria, 2 March 2007
The workshop is designed to serve as a forum for researchers, practioners, and intermediaries related to Social Software and its use in Technology Enhanced Learning.The meeting will provide unique networking possibilities. It will enable discussions around innovative research results and findings, experience reports and will address further research needs, as well as case studies describing innovative applications of new Social Software learning environments and approaches.
We welcome all interested researchers, practitioners and intermediaries focusing on the aspect of Social Software for Technology Enhanced Learning to participate in the mornings for high level key note speakers and to contribute actively in the afternoon at the workshop.
Key note speakers morning:
- A Model for Social Software / Community Mining Ralf Klamma, RWTH Aachen University, GER
- Social Proxies - John Erickson, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, USA
- The rise of Social Software and its technical / philosophical roots - Christina Merle, AUT
- Social Capital - Volkmar Pipek, University of Siegen GER
- Wiki Tools for Learning - Anja Ebersbacher, University of Konstanz, GER
- Integrating Social Software in existing Learning Systems - Guido Grohman, IMC , GER (tentative)
- Workshop 1: Case study workshop
- Workshop 2: Austrian track workshop
- Workshop 3: Teacher workshop
Participation is limited to 100 persons.